segunda-feira, junho 30, 2003

Recebi por email então não conheço "the source"

Jacques Plans For A Homely Future...
Forget about the question of where Jacques will be driving in 2004, just wait till you hear where JV thinks he will be in ten years...

JV’s future may be one of the burning questions in F1 right now, but a recent question about where Jacques sees himself in ten years' time certainly drew an eyebrow-raising answer.

“Happily married with kids,” Jacques replied, before adding, “A housewife. I’ll be a housewife, yeah!”

But before he dons a kitchen pinny and starts preparing the dinner, Jacques still has some unfinished business in F1 to take care of. With his BAR contract expiring at the end of the current season, he says he still doesn‘t know where he would like to drive in 2004.

“Anything is possible,” Jacques told BBC Radio. “At the moment it’s very difficult to know at which team seats will be available. There might not even be a seat available at BAR next year.

“It’s also difficult to judge in advance which teams will be competitive - it’s happened before that the team that has just won the World Championship is a second behind the rest of the pack the following season because they’ve just designed a bad car or something.”

In a wide-ranging interview, Jacques also said that the days of him spending 20 hours or so playing a computer game in one sitting are becoming rarer and rarer “partly because my girlfriend doesn’t really understand it!”, announced he supported the idea of a ban on refuelling in F1 races, and also denied that he had ever lived in the shadow of his father.

“The good thing is that I never lived in the shadow of my father because I never tried to emulate my father even though I ended up doing the same job," he explained. "What my father gave me was a little bit of the craziness, the passion for taking risks and pushing the limit just for the sake of it, just to feel good about yourself when you go to bed.

“Going round a corner flat-out unlike your team-mate - it may not win you the race but you’re really, really proud of it. That’s what my father gave me.”